Hi! Welcome to my creative blog log.
It’s a collection of things I’ve been making and creating over the last few years. I’ve mostly made jewellery, both at home and at evening courses at the Leeds College of Art. I enjoy learning different arts and crafts techinques and during 2017 focused on studying art. Here is a list of things I’ve been up to that feature in this blog:
- Jewellery making with silver, recycled copper, enamelling, beading and semi precious stone setting.
- Willow work baskets, a chair and a live willow den
- Metal sculpture at Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- Wood working, green wood on a pole lathe, wood turning bowls, furniture making
- Hedge laying, dry stone walling
- Leather boot making
- Expressive painting at St Martins College
- Learning to paint with watercolours & gouche
- Acrylic painting with knives, life drawing, abstract painting, experimental drawing, sketching
- Creative writing
- Printmaking with monoprints, drypoint, etching and screen printing
- Creative Arts Today – distance learning module in 2017 with the Open College of the Arts.
- Portfolio course during winter 2017 with Bridgehouse Arts in Ullapool.
I hope you enjoy seeing what I’ve been up!