Welcome to my portfolio from 1996 to 2016. This is a collection of things I’ve been making and creating over the last 20 years.
The majority of my work has been around jewellery making, but I have explored a few different arts and crafts. I’m presently studying a Creative Arts degree programme with the Open College of the Arts, so this portfolio is an opportunity to look back to see where I’ve come from.
Here’s a list of what I’ve been up to:
- Jewellery making with silver, recycled copper, enamelling, beading and stone setting.
- Willow work baskets, a chair and a live willow den
- Metal sculpture at Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- Wood working, green wood on a pole lathe, wood turning bowls, furniture making
- Hedge laying, dry stone walling
- Leather boot making
- Expressive painting at St Martins College
- Learning to paint with watercolours & gouche
- Acrylic painting with knives, life drawing, abstract painting, experimental drawing, sketching
- Creative writing
- Printmaking with monoprints, drypoint, etching and screen printing
I’ve not really showed much of my work before so it’s going to be a challenge for me to collect the things I’ve done and share it with you. I’d certainly welcome any comments and feedback.
I hope you enjoy seeing what I’ve been up to!